When giving your father of the bride speeches you want to make it special, meaningful, and memorable not only for your daughter but for yourself and the other guests in attendance. You look through books and online but everything seems to say the same old thing but in different ways so what should you do.
Finding inspiration to write a memorable father of the bride speech
The first thing that you need to do is start to look for sources of inspiration to make your speech unique. This is something that should not be done a week before the wedding but should be done several months before the big day. You should have plenty of time to find a source of inspiration to help write your bride’s father speech because planning a wedding can take time.
Here are some tips to help you find that source of inspiration to make your speech unique:
- Write from the heart. Have several drafts of the speech to choose from that you can polish up to make it unique or take parts from all of the drafts to make the final one.
- To make it easier to write your speech break it down into parts you can manage such as the introduction, body, and toast.
- Make sure that you are using one theme for all three parts because you will not have to worry about tying up all the ends to make it sound complete when giving the toast.
- Inject some humor about your daughter, son-in-law, or both of them. Make sure that the humor does not embarrass anyone.
- Be natural and talk about your feelings. You want to convey a heartfelt memory and speech.
If you are still having trouble look at some of the father of the bride speech samples to see how they are done and then use your own heartfelt words. You can also take the time to look back on some of the photos of your daughter to find one or two that bring pleasant memories and use them in your speech. Picture her in her wedding gown and how that makes you feel. Look at how happy she is planning her wedding, the way her face lights up when he comes to the house. There are many things that are going on that will help to give you inspiration and things to include into your speech. You can also include some love quote or inspiration at the end of the speech before the toast or as part of the toast.